This picture is from months ago. But as you can see, Joy has not been a super fan of whole peas from the start. I thought that we had gotten over this phase since she had started eating peas by the spoonful when they were offered at mealtimes. However, yesterday seemed to prove my thinking wrong.
It was dinnertime at the Greenwood household...leftover night. We were having leftover spaghetti, and what better veggie to feed a small child with spaghetti than peas!? I cooked a fresh batch up for Joy and proceeded to attempt feeding her. My usual process, if she is being a little finicky about food, is 1 bite of whatever she really doesn't want, and then 1 bite of something else. In this case I tried alternating between peas and spaghetti. The problem was that Joy would not open her mouth for peas. I am talking total mouth lock down!
I proceeded to eat my dinner, thinking that in the meantime she would get tired of watching Joe and I eat and decide join the fun. No go. So, after many attempts over and over, we finally had to just load her up in the car and go to church for choir practice. They gave her a bottle in the nursery around 7:45 and I nursed her when we got home before putting her to bed. But guess what Joy got for breakfast? That's right, Peas!
I thought for sure she would just gobble them down. Wrong. Finally after a few attempts in the highchair I sat her down at her big girl toddler table in the living room. She then happily ate the whole bowl of peas! Of course I would have liked her to eat in her high chair, but at this point I figured just getting the peas eaten was the main point.
Hopefully we won't have anymore sever cases of green pea phobia, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Oh yes, I should mention that after eating the peas she also ate a jar of blueberries and apples, some pear, and toast. Such a strong little will. Hmmm....I wonder where she gets that from? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment